CW was invited to The Bavarian restaurant in Woden to strive their new Over The Prime (OTT) dishes – and located they actually reside as much as their identify!
On a chilly winter night in Canberra, we warmed up with nice meals and welcoming hospitality within the inviting surrounds of The Bavarian at Woden.
My plus-one tried the Massive Boy Oi, Oi, Oi schnitzel stacked with BBQ wings, bacon and eggs and a stack of sizzling chips. There was a lot meals, he might solely handle half and took the remainder house in a doggie bag.
I selected the mushroom schnitzel with coleslaw and candy potato fries (since changed on the brand new winter menu by a plant-based schnitty). Once more, it was such a beneficiant serve I took half house for lunch the subsequent day.
Regardless of our bellies being full, our gracious host Thiago talked us into sharing the basic house-made apple strudel for dessert with a aspect of Wild Brumby butter toffee schnapps. Served heat with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, the strudel tasted recent and was delightfully spiced with cinnamon.
Till 31 July, The Bavarian eating places within the ACT and throughout most of Australia and New Zealand, have turbocharged their menus with OTT, or Over The Prime, dishes designed to replenish, indulge, and fulfil even the hungriest of diners.
The Bavarian’s schnitzels, sausages, burgers and rooster wings have all had an outrageous OTT makeover. The outcome? They’re all terribly massive … and good.
The long-lasting schnitzel has been taken to the acute, with three variations to select from ($55 per individual):
- Godfather: big schnitzels, ham, cheese, Kielbasa, Napoli sauce, cheese
- Matterhorn: schnitzel mountain, cheese spätzle, three layers of Alpen cheese, bacon
- Massive Boy Oi, Oi, Oi: schnitzel stacked with BBQ wings, bacon, egg
Diners can select to dial up the excessiveness much more with add-ons together with spätzle, pork ribs and maple and bacon waffle ($10 every).
The OTT Burger contains an Angus beef patty, rooster schnitzel and pork stomach layered with tomato, lettuce, Swiss cheese and drizzled with sauce in between a smooth bun ($34). Diners can tailor their OTT burger to swimsuit their style and urge for food, with double beef patties and schnitzels ($18), triple patties and schnitzels ($28) and OTT add-ons together with mac and cheese balls, layers of bacon, and triple cheese – Swiss, Brie and Parmesan.
OTT Wings are available in 8 flavours and 4 super-sizes: ½kg $20, 1kg $30, 2kg $50, 5kg $100.
The standard German sausage might be supercharged in dimension, warmth, or an OTT mixture of each.
- Lengthy: longest Bratwurst Nurnberger, mash, sauerkraut, mustard $35
- Sizzling: signal your waver for our hottest Currywurst, with fries $28
- I Need It All: the most important wurstplatter (designed for 2) with pretzel, sauerkraut, mustard, gravy $65
In addition to a number of weeks of OTT meals hedonism, all The Bavarian eating places have relaunched the total menu on Monday 20 June, boasting even larger, bolder Bavarian flavours.
New Bavarian dishes embody:
- Brotzeit-Teller: Black Forest ham, cheese, leberwurst, loaf of rye bread and condiments ($18)
- Käsespätzle: conventional Bavarian pasta ($26)
- Bavarian Schmanckerl: crackling pork stomach, German sausages, schnitzel, sauerkraut, pink cabbage, creamy mash, apple compote and bier jus ($36)
- Wurstsalad: Pork Lyoner, pickled onions, gherkins, radishes, mustard dressing, roast potatoes $20
Traditional dishes stay on the menu, together with The Bavarian’s well-known crispy pork knuckle, crackling pork stomach, Munich Platter and Wurst Platter.
5 schnitzels can be found served with fries, mash, or potato salad:
- Jager Hen Schnitzel with mushroom ragout ($26)
- Schwein Schnitzel with Bavarian slaw ($28)
- Parmi with Prager ham, mozzarella and Napolitana sauce ($27)
- Bare Schnitzel with garlic butter and wilted greens ($26)
- Wannabe a Schnitzel: plant-based schnitzel with forest greens and balsamic glaze ($28)
Burgers have additionally been turbocharged with German flavours, together with the Oink Oink Burger with sliced pork stomach, apple cabbage slaw, roast onions and BBQ sauce ($25), the Kanzler Burger with tomato, Swiss cheese, lettuce, horseradish mayo and bacon ($25), the Killer Schnitty with Swiss cheese, cranberry sauce, lettuce, and roasted walnuts in a pretzel bun ($23), and the Berlin Mitte – a plant-based schnitzel with caramelised onion, lettuce, roasted walnuts, tomato and vegan mayo in a pretzel bun ($23).
To view the menu and discover The Bavarian restaurant close to you, go to www.thebavarians.com